Guide To Wagering On Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Like A Pro
BJJ is one of the fastest-growing sports in the world with competitions taking place on every continent. The sport’s growth is intertwined with the success of MMA and has done a great job of attracting people from all backgrounds. In this guide, we are going to explore how you can gamble on this exciting new sport and share some of our insider tips!
What BJJ Events Can You Gamble On?
If you are new to BJJ there are hundreds of different events which occur throughout the year. As the sport is developing you can currently only gamble on the major events such as:
- Fight 2 Win – Fight 2 Win is a relatively new professional Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu competition series that includes a range of different events including Gi, Nogi, and even Judo. These competitions are known for their high production value, exciting atmosphere, and diverse talent pool. You are able to wager on all Fight 2 Win matches at a number of sportsbooks.
- IBJJF – The International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation puts on large-scale events for both Gi and Nogi competitors including the world championships which are considered the premier events in BJJ. As a gambler, you can gamble on major IBJJF tournaments such as the Pan American Championships, World Championships, and European Championships.
- ADCC – ADCC is a Nogi BJJ tournament that was established by Sheik Tahnoon from Abu Dhabi. This tournament features the very best grapplers from around the world who compete for prizes of almost 6 figures. The ADCC world championships are held every 2 years and are considered the Olympics of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. You can find multiple sites offering betting odds for this event.
As Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu develops as a spectator sport you will be able to gamble on more and more events. However, you will find lots of great action at the events described above.
What Type Of BJJ Wagers Can You Make?
The BJJ gambling markets are still developing and not as extensive as other sports. Currently, you are only able to bet on an athlete to win the match and gamble on the method of victory (decision of submission). Match result wagers are the most popular form of gambling and are low risk but they also offer lower odds. In contrast method of victory, wagers have more risk but you are rewarded with higher odds.
There are no markets for prop bets such as the gambling on the type of submission used or an over/under on the length of the match. As BJJ gambling becomes more popular you are able to expect betting sites to offer a greater range of wagers.
How Do BJJ Betting Odds Work?
The betting site will set odds in an effort to entice gamblers to bet money. The odds represent the likelihood of an event happening. For example, a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu athlete who is expected to win easily will have very low odds while in contrast, a BJJ fighter who is considered very unlikely to win will have very high odds. The odds also tell you how much you will win if your bet is successful. For example, if the odds are +200 if you bet $100 you will win $200 + your original $100 stake and walkway with $300.
How To Make Money Gambling On BJJ?
To turn yourself into a BJJ betting savant and become a long-term winner you need to develop a winning strategy. Follow these tips to improve your chance of earning cash from BJJ gambling:
- Claim a bonus – When you sign up to a sportsbook you are able to claim a range of different promo deals. These deals are used to attract new gamblers and include things such as bonus cash and free bets. You can use these bonuses to make risk-free wagers and win actual cash. You should research the best deals before signing up to a sportsbook and claim the biggest bonus possible!
- Look for live underdogs – There is rarely any money to be made simply betting on favorites. Where the real cash is finding Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu athletes who the sportsbooks don’t think can win and betting big on them. You should look for up-and-coming athletes who are highly talented and are taking on older established athletes who are towards the end of their careers. In this situation, the younger athlete has a great chance of upsetting the older favorite.
- Search for the best odds – There are numerous betting sites that offer odds on BJJ events but these odds vary wildly from site to site. To make sure you receive the maximum payouts, analyze the odds offered by multiple sportsbooks and pick the one with the highest odds. This simple tip can increase your winnings significantly. Also, you may find the odd case where you are able to guarantee a win by finding an arbitrage situation. An arbitrage is where you take advantage of different bookmakers’ odds and bet on a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu athlete A on one site and BJJ athlete B on the other site. Due to the difference in odds irrespective of who wins you still earn a profit.
- Bet on multiple athletes to win a tournament – Picking the winner of a tournament is hard especially if there are 30 or more competitors. To improve your chances pick 3 or 4 athletes, while this may reduce your payout it does make it more likely you predict a champion.
With these tips, you should see a big improvement in your Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu gambling performance. Remember to implement all of the tips!
Time To Try A BJJ Bet!
Now you know the basics of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu gambling it is time to sign up to a betting site, implement our tips and make a wager. Remember don’t just gamble on your favorite athlete, do some research and pick the athlete with the best chance of winning!